Recently GWL Advertising began their first ever email newsletter campaign. The goal of a newsletter is to captivate readers by highlighting your company’s new happenings with short articles. Doing this helps introduce your brand or business to readers at another level while helping them feel more connected to your organization. So, how do you get people to really engage with your newsletter content?
Even though e-newsletters are among the most common types of emails to send, they can often be one of the hardest to get right. So, here is a list of what every marketer needs to do to create a successful e-newsletter campaign.
- Evaluate whether or not you actually need an e-newsletter.
- Decide what kind of newsletter you want to create.
- Balance your newsletter to be 90% educational and 10% promotional content.
- Set expectations on your “subscribe” page.
- Get creative with email subject lines.
- Pick one primary call-to-action (CTA).
- Keep design and copy minimal.
- Make sure images have alternative text.
- Make it easy for people to “unsubscribe”.
- Test, test, test.
After you have used these ten steps to create your e-newsletter, we want to reiterate the importance of always using captivating headline subjects. Readers will only “click” with (and on) content that catches their attention.
Let us know if these tips were helpful and feel free to reach out to us with your best e-newsletter e “success tips.” We would love to hear anything that has contributed to your company’s success! Click here to contact us!